Friday, January 11, 2013

J. Crew - January

A few picks from the new arrivals follow, among them the Collection Cashmere Pocket Sweater size S and 'heather flax.' Also comes in 'navy' and 'vintage kelly.' I would probably size down, as I think S is too slouchy. It's a beautiful, soft cashmere.

Stretch Perfect Shirt in Colorblock was a favourite among the new arrivals and it didn't disappoint in real life. I liked the beautiful colours, the contrasting white trim, as well as the stripey cuffs. I am wearing size S, or the usual size I take in tops/shirts. Sizing up to M would be in order if I were to get this, as there is some gaping in the chest area going on.

 (more colorblock shirts here, here, here)

Collection Cashmere Boyfriend Sweater in Stripe size XXS and 'navy kelly.' This is 2 sizes smaller than my usual size S in sweaters, but it's supposed to fit slouchy. Loved its softness and the pairing of the green with the navy.


I am also liking this cute Mini Bag:

Mini Bag (similar here, here, here)

And I am not sure how this one escaped me up until now. I think it's gorgeous!
Collection Ruffle Collar Shirt 

Have you checke out new arrivals in person yet? What did you think? Please share!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Oh I'd love a big slouchy cashmere jumper like that, I'd probably prefer it without the pockets,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of sweaters to choose from...

      Delete
  2. Hey Rose - thanks for the review. I really love the blue blouse in particular (no surprise!) but am now waiting for sales and luckily, it is so far from spring here that I can wait awhile! Have you gotten any snow at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty, isn't it? You should get it. However, if you are going to wear it tucked in, the green won't show up much. Snow? This is all we got so far, but temps dipped below 0 again this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hello Rose:
    Cashmere is just the perfect winter fabric. Beautifully soft and warm and yet light to wear. We also find that even when cashmere jumpers become worn with age, they are still stylish in a shabby chic kind of way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jane & Lance! I could live in cashmere, if I could afford it. :)

      Delete
  4. Was fixating on that striped sweater (the V on you looks lovely) and then realised - I have one similar. I keep doing that - buying the same things. Of course you can never have too many stripes, did you see the show New Girl, Zooey who wears them in every outfit and looks adorable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody! Glad I save you some money then! :) No, I don't watch much TV (in fact I am cancelling my cable since I subscribed to Netflix). Will have to google the show to see Zooey.

      Delete
  5. Ouuuu that cashmere pocket sweater is lovely, I bet that would be the perfect sweater for weekend wear <3 And in navy, Oh me, Oh my!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the colorblock shirt irl. Thanks for sharing pics :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.