Sunday, February 3, 2013

J. Crew - February

Last week I was able to check some of the new arrivals in person. There are a lot of  'likes' this time around, so figuring what to narrow them down to will be a challenge. :) 

The Micro-Tweed Jacket in Poppy (item 58280) didn't make an impression one me on the site, but I loved it in person. I like both Micro-Tweed Jackets this rollout. The other one is called Micro-Tweed Jacket in Navy (item 17174) and is made of cotton/poly with a hint of stretch, while the one below is cotton/poly/acrylic/nylon. It is not lined, but all the edges are finished (wrapped) with bias tape. The jackets are similar to the peplum ones from the fall/winter.

 Micro-Tweed Jacket in Poppy (size S)(similar here, here, here, here)


Another favourite (even though I keep saying I'm done with stripes), was the Maritime Blazer in Stripe. I am wearing the 'black' version in my usual size S.


See the inside of the jacket below. The inside finish is similar to the Micro-Tweed jacket.



Liberty Collar Merino Sweater size S is a 14-gauge merino, so it's similar to the Tippi Sweater. The sleeve is raglan, though, unlike the Tippi.


Lastly for now, the Bazaar Scarf in 'green prairie.' I like the print, but green is not my colour, unfortunately. I think I will stick with the pink one.


Have you checked out the new arrivals at JC yet? What are some of your favourites? Please share!

Hope you got a good rest this Superbowl Sunday and have a great start of the week, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Ha- no such thing as too many stripes! I've never found the perfect striped blazer, actually...

    The liberty collar sweaters perplex me, since J Crew is such a proponent of layering- why wouldn't you just wear a liberty shirt underneath? Unless they plan on double-liberty layering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! What do you mean by "the perfect blazer?" :D Did you check out Madewell?

      Frankly, I didn't 'feel' that sweater in the store, but I liked it on.

      Delete
  2. I thought the scarf was quite pretty in the pink color. Nothing else really caught my eye this time around. I've always had striped tees in my wardrobe, probably always will. Don't think I could do them on a jacket or the Liberty-collared sweater though, it might overwhelm me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the pink better as well. Green doesn't do me any favours, unfortunately.

      Delete
  3. I like the Micro-tweed blazers a lot. I'm just debating about the color. How versatile do you think the Poppy version would be?

    I hadn't considered the Liberty collared sweater, but it's really cute on you. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both would be versatile, and the poppy even more so, in my opinion.

      Delete
  4. That scarf is really pretty on you and I'm loving that striped blue top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! I am liking a lot at JC this month. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.